Monday, April 5, 2010

I hope life isn't a big joke, 'cause I don't get it.

Did I mention I'm an aspiring author? Guess not.
Well, I am. Right now I'm writing a book about self-infliction. It can be seen at the linkaroonie underneath this.
But the other day after chilling with a group of my friends that I missed so much because we no longer go to the same school, I got a story idea.
We were at one of my friend's, Katie's, house and her younger brother brought out his paintball guns, but instead of using actual paintballs, we used these soft little rubber balls. And being the maniacs that we all are, we shot at each other like we were zombies v.s. zombie killers. :)
It got me thinking, and then two words popped into my head. Zombie. Apocalypse. Pretty good book idea, is it not? I even have a scene that won't get out of my head. And my BFFFFF wanted me to put it up here so here it is.
So the scenario is that Nolan, a dude of course, is infected by the zombies but not too badly so he won't become a zombie himself. The main character's name is Arica, and then the last character in this scene is Madisyn, who is a little "crazy" in the head. So here it goes:
"Arica...Arica! She-she has a gun!" Nolan's voice came from behind me. I whirled around to face Madisyn pointing a gun at Nolan. Her hair was flying slightly in the breeze, and she was holding the gun with both hands. She had a crazed look in her eye.
"Madi...put the gun down." I said, trying to stay calm as I could.

So what do you think? :)
Oh, and the link is: http://www.inkpop.com/projects/16185/cuts-of-glory/

Love and Pretzels,
Jenna.

3 comments:

  1. TheonewhosagingerApril 5, 2010 at 12:30 PM

    smile :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heya,

    You're Miss Marm from Sparknotes, right? Nice topic and go you for being an aspiring author! I'm an aspiring author too though I reckon you're much older than I am...and lol this is weird, one of my books is on self infliction too, but more to do with the ethics of it. A wide market for the same ideas is always appreciated :)

    I'm known as AishwaryaCullen on Sparknotes, though I'm long over the obsession :P

    Ash xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not the actual Miss Marm, but I am a devoted follower of her.

    ReplyDelete